Are There Exercises for Crepey Skin At-Home Care?
We’ve all seen those anti-aging skincare commercials starring complexion-gifted 23-year-old models with no makeup, no filter and no crepey-looking skin. Head to toe, their skin is always perfect. Well, they’re 23.
While we may laugh at the absurdity of using a young model, we can all agree—essential to many a look-good, feel-good journey is the quest for smoother, younger-looking skin.
So, how do you achieve the best results for your skin’s appearance and overall health? It’s a collective approach of a targeted skincare system , eating right and working out.
Skin Tightening Exercises for Crepey Arms
Combining skincare with exercise is a great way to fight the appearance of that loose, crepey skin. And while treating skin with products that target crepiness, lines and wrinkles, performing these workouts will help tone muscles, proving an overall tighter, toned, and lifted appearance.
Now let’s go through some of our favorite at-home exercises.
Prayer Pose (Difficulty Level: Easy)
- Join your hands in a prayer pose in front of your chest.
- Engaging your triceps muscles, slowly raise them above your head. Hold and take a deep breath.
- Concentrating on engaging your triceps and with slow, deliberate movement, lower your hands back to their starting position in front of your chest. Take a deep breath.
- Repeat 30 times.
Windmill Arm Circles (Difficulty Level: Easy)
- A triple threat, arm circles involve your arm, back and shoulder muscles. Stand with feet at a shoulder-width stance and extend your arms out to your sides, parallel to the floor.
- Keeping your shoulders down at all times and using small, controlled motions, circle your arms counterclockwise, gradually making the circle larger until you feel a deep – but comfortable – stretch in your shoulder area. Make 20 circles.
- Reverse the direction to clockwise and repeat.
- After you’ve hit pro status, add light weights in your hands or wrist.
Biceps Curl (Difficulty Level: Medium)
- A great overall arm exercise, this one is great with light weights. Start by standing tall with your feet hip-width apart and hold a light dumbbell in each hand.
- With arms down, elbows tucked in and palms facing forward, bend your elbows to curl the weights up to your shoulders.
- Take a deep breath and slowly return to starting position. Repeat 12 – 15 times.
- Note: at all times, keep your back straight and do not bend your wrists.
The Verdict – Can Exercise Get Rid of Crepey Skin?
Exercise has the potential to help improve the look of crepey skin. When we exercise, our muscles get longer, stronger and tighter, which can firm up the skin around those muscles. As a result, our muscles become more visible, potentially diminishing the appearance of loose, crepey skin. Therefore, engaging in a regular exercise routine in addition to your skincare routine is a great way to improve the look of crepey skin.